Alisha Lehmann, girlfriend of Aston Villa midfielder Douglas Luiz and a professional footballer herself, has voiced her frustration over the significant pay disparity between men and women in football. In an interview with Gazzetta, she highlighted the stark contrast, stating, "I do the same job as Douglas Luiz, I play for the same club, but I earn 100 times less. It's not fair."
Lehmann's comments underscore the persistent issue of equal pay in football, where female players often receive significantly lower wages than their male counterparts, despite performing the same job. Her personal experience and comparison to her boyfriend's earnings drive home the stark reality of this inequality.
Lehmann's words echo the sentiments of many female footballers, who are fighting for recognition and fair compensation for their talents and dedication. As the women's game continues to grow in popularity and skill, the call for equal pay becomes increasingly urgent. Lehmann's voice adds to the growing chorus demanding change.
0 Comments